21 July 2005

Look at all the CRAP that came out of there!

I did something yesterday that I have never in my entire life. It's something that I'm entirely proud of. You see, it goes something like this:

I was having a really good day yesterday. Work at the juice bar went by fairly quick, the afternoon was enjoyable, and I knew the evening was going to be just as good. The night before Patsy, one of the girls who lives in the house I'm staying at, brought home some ear candles. You know, the ones that new-agers stick in their ears to draw all the wax out so they can hear properly? Those ones. Anyway, she said that she was going to bring back some more last night, and I was the first one to jump at the chance.

Patsy was a bit scared at what was going to come out of my head and didn't want to be the one that held the candle in place, so Mel kindly volunteered. Good thing too, because there was no way I would have been able to do it. So she lit the candle and stuck it in my ear. I was eventually able to hear this wierd cracking sound, and then my ear started getting all warm. I put the crazy crackling sound down to the fire, but my ear getting warm was a mystery... Until, that is, she cut open the ear candle to reveal five years of build-up. There is only one word for what came out: FILTH. And I still had the OTHER EAR!!!

By the end of it I had a bowl of water with my ear gunk floating on top, and two ears that were amazingly hollow. I stuck a cotton bud up there and it went in SO much further than I had been able to get it before. Seriously, I think everyone should try sticking a candle in their ears and seeing what comes out. It's quite liberating... Huge thanks to Mel for putting up with all of that crap.

Oh, and if you follow the link on the right to My Photos Page, I've finally been able to upload a whole bunch of photos from my recent trip around the south island of New Zealand. There's also a few photos of my 134 metre bungy jump. Shame I can't share the DVD with all of you too...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't play with your ears. Seriously...

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candling.html

Anonymous said...

Your welcome Adam, it was a pretty atrocious site I must say!!

Myles Legacy said...

Seriously Adam... that's disgusting. But curiously arousing? No, not arousing... titilating. Yes, yes. Titilating. I'd try it myself but I'd only end up setting something on fire.