20 July 2005

Come with me, to my island in the sun...

I had a rather good day yesterday, thanks for asking.
Probably two the best things that happened to me were thus: 1) As soon as I finished my prep work at Tank Juice I was able to move straight onto the computer and talk to my friend Vanessa back home in Canada. This instant messenger thing is amazing. I had been into it before, when I was still at school and had a computer at my disposal, but got out of it when I started travelling because it was too hard and I didn't get to use a computer that often. Now that I'm in Christchurch with a job that has constant internet access, and staying in a house that's connected, I can talk to people all over the place instantly. It's amazing what you can do in today's day and age of science and technology, eh?
The second best thing that happened to me yesterday was going to see a preview of "The Island", starring a badly-accented Ewan McGregor and a stunning Scarlet Johannson. I had seen the trailers beforehand and had already come to the conclusion that it was going to be good, and I wasn't at all disappointed. It's set in the future, and I thoroughly believed every minute of it. That may sound odd, but it was very enjoyable to watch. The car chase scene was awesome! Plus it had Scarlet Johannson in it, who's always a pleasure to watch... Go see it, it's worth the price of admission.
I hope today goes as well as yesterday did...

1 comment:

Myles Legacy said...

Hiya Adam... I'd have to agree. Saw the thing tonight with Melissa. Only about a dozen people in the theatre tonight. Korean's aren't much of a movie going bunch. Needless to say, when the movie was over, I was a bit shocked... I had forgotten that I was in Korea for almost 2 hours. That's gotta be a good sign