17 July 2005

Cashing In, Cashing Out.

So back to this idea of money for a moment... Yesterday a couple friends (Tam and Mel), my brother and I all went on a day trip up to the seaside town of Kaikoura. I came up with the brilliant idea of all getting scratch lottery cards, you know, for a bit of fun. Maybe we would hit the big one and be able to have a nice dinner or something, I don't know. Anyway, we bought our tickets just as the shop was closing (at three o'clock in the afternoon!!!) and sat down to scratch them. We all had the same $2, but I was the only one to win anything -- a whopping $3!!! I cashed it in for a $3 card, where I proceeded to win a further $5!! It's wierd, because I had a feeling that I was in for a bit of financial luck. It's just a pity it didn't come in the form of $50,000...
The day as a whole was very enjoyable indeed. We saw sea lions and fur seals, which was very exciting. I got close enough to one for it to bark at me and show me it's knashers, but I was too slow to be able to take a picture of it with it's mouth open. It would have been cool, though. We then went into town and got the lottery tickets, then some lunch down the local chippie. Kumara chips are awesome, and I can thoroughly recommend trying them.
The drive back to Christchurch was pretty quiet, as we were all rather tired from the excitement of the day. Tam had to get Geoff (my brother) to drive for a bit, but as he got out of the back seat he dropped his mobile phone in the grass at the side of the road. Only he didn't realise until about four minutes down the road, at which point he turned around and swore and cursed all the way back until we found it again. Way to go, Tam!
All in all a very enjoyable day. I'm at one of my part time jobs at the moment, Tank Juice ("Where fresh is our motto!"), and the morning in dragging... If I can pick myself up off the floor I might just help this customer standing beside me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You bloody better serve that customer as my ass is on the line!!! :)