10 May 2007

First stop Whistler, next stop HOLLYWOOD!

So I figured that since I'm in the "big city", I should look into doing some extras work for television and film. You see, Vancouver is known as the "Hollywood of the North", and lots of productions come to the city and are filmed here. X-Files, for one, was filmed here on a regular basis.

Anyway, I answered an advertisement yesterday calling for extras for the CTV television show "Whistler". It's a murder/mystery type show set in Whistler centering around a group of young, hip snowboarder/skiier-type youths. I think it's got a bit of a "Lost" theme to it.

Back to the point of the story, I'm going to be in Whistler next week, Tuesday and Wednesday, for filming of the show. How exciting! Also, two of my housemates have agreed to go up with me, so we're going to have a helluva good ol' time. Not only are the three of us going up to be on a tv show (did I mention it's in WHISTLER??), we get to potentially do some snowboarding, we get fed, we get paid, and it's going to be freakin' awesome!

Good times, good times...!!!

No comments: