08 August 2005

Work, Play, or Both?

Well, what an eventful weekend and early week I've had. It's been most exciting and tiring. Let's have a quick run down, shall we?
Friday I worked a bit of a shift at the Workingmen's Club (read: a place where the older generation goes to spend their money on cheap drinks and fried food), then had to wake up early to start my shift at Tank Juice, which went rather well. It was fairly busy, and on one of my trips to the toilet I passed a bookshop that had a sale on. I bought "The Photo Book", which is a book of popular photographers and their seminal works that defined their style. It's very famous and I'm sure you've all heard of it. Check it out, sincerely. That night I was back at the Workingmen's Club until 1.15am, which gave me a grand total of nearly 15 working hours for the day. Not too shabby!
Sunday was pretty relaxed, which was lovely. Went to the pictures with my friend Sarah, which was also lovely. We saw "Land Of The Dead", the new zombie movie that came out. I would highly recommend NOT seeing this one. Sorry folks. Afterwards Sarah and I caught up on each others' lives, something we hadn't done in seemingly forever. Everybody say good luck to Sarah on her move up to Auckland and her new job at NPR. Good luck Sarah!!!
Glad to say that my movie watching experiences on Sunday weren't completely ruined by the undead, as Tam and I watched "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind" on dvd. I hadn't seen this one before, and thoroughly enjoyed it... If you haven't seen it, and want to be wierded out, have a look. Sincerely.
Monday was pretty standard, watched a skateboarding dvd that I bought alongside "The Photo Book" (at 75% off, you can't really turn it down, can you?), played video games, and then went off to work a quiz night at the Club. It was quite fun, I must say. In between the five rounds they had a blind bottle auction. They were mostly bottles of wine and bubbly, but there were also a few bottles of spirits thrown in for good measure. I just have to say that I was a mere two dollars away from winning a one litre bottle of Kahlua. Gutted. Totally gutted I missed that one.
And there, in a rather large, rambling nutshell, was my weekend. How was yours?
Oh, and how do you like my profile photo? Pretty good, eh?

No comments: