14 August 2005

Happy 21st Dad!

Hello again everyone. Welcome back.

Last night I worked at "The Club", which was, for the most part, fairly enjoyable. I just wanted to tell you about a couple things that happened during the night. First off I started in the main club bar, serving the regulars and having a fairly chilled out time. It was good and steady, and was quite looking forward to the night. There was a Wallabies/All Blacks tri-nations match on late in the night, which I was eager to watch, when suddenly the Boss asked me to move downstairs to help out at the 21st birthday party that was being held in one of the large function rooms. As soon as she asked me to do this my heart sunk, because I had seen the other barmen running around all night.

I moved down and immediately hated the situation. Like I said, it was a 21st birthday party, which is a very big event here for the youth of New Zealand. What made this particular 21st a highly distressing event to work at was the fact that it was a completely open bar tab, so we had stupid guys coming up and ordering four bottles of Jim Beam and Cola, for example, at a time. It just got completely out of hand, and we went through about seven one litre bottles of vodka alone. I won't get into the exact numbers, but at the end of the night the tab had reached a staggering $5000 plus.

Now, I ask you out there... If your father was paying this amount of money for you to have a 21st birthday, would you go along with it, or would you ask him to fork over that money for a car, or to contribute it towards a loan on a house, or possibly to help pay off your school loans? I know one thing, I for sure wouldn't ask my dad to spend five grand on a party so all my pisshead friends could get off their heads.

Maybe I'm becoming cynical in my old age....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meet the Vloggers coming to Boston, Virginia and LA
Meet the Vloggers coming to Boston, Virginia and LA Needmyspace.com: anti-social software MyGuestmap: Google Maps-enabled guestbook Sand Hill Road abuzz with open media And now this week's very best of the ...
I love the way you've put this blog together!

I have a hair loss treatment site. Its
all about hair loss treatment related topics...

Hope to see you there...

Gabrielle said...

I too have a great advertising site. I sell miniature poodles and assorted sado-masochistic equiptment.

Come and check it out if you get time :)