26 August 2005

Hair and Cake - A Beautiful Mix

I'm sure by now you will have figured out that I've been and had my hair cut. Here's the low-down on how it went...

I got there bright and early, right on time at 10.00am. That's in the morning, by the way (shown by using the "am" after the numbers, in case you couldn't figure it out). I was greeted with a hello and asked if I wanted a drink. I chose orange juice, and thought to myself "Wow, I get refreshments AND a free haircut??!!" I was asked to fill out this form describing my current hair situation, then Sophie came over and introduced herself. She asked me what I wanted, and I told her to make me look good. I gave her virtual free-reign on my head, if you will. She checked over her plans with the superviser, and away we went.

An hour and a half later I looked like I had just had my hair cut at the normal $10 price I pay for Harold or Jim to snip away, only they had put something called DiFi (a funky way of spelling defy, because hair salons HAVE to be funky...) in my hair to make it look trendy. In actual fact when I asked people what they thought of my new locks, a common concensus was that I, in fact, looked like the famous Belgian comic book character Tintin.

Cheers Sophie.

Now onto the second part of this entry. Yesterday was my pal Tam's birthday. We started the day bright and early by having Adam-baked chocolate chip pancakes, which went off really well. We quickly readied and got our acts together to run down to the tattoo parlour so Tam could get inked up, and they did a very nice job. I'm hoping to post some photos of the event on my photos page, linked to the right, in the near future. Next we were off to Coyote's, a mexican-themed restaurant, for lunch. I was hoping to have the potato skins, but when they came they had bacon on them, even though on the menu they didn't say anything about being coated with pig. Oh well, live and learn. Next Tam went off to have her hair cut, and an hour and a half later Philip and I picked her and her sexy new look up from the salon.

Dinner was spent at a lovely place called Winnebago's, filled with gourmet pizza, a birthday tequila shot, and jokes flying from all corners. I have to say, I was on FIRE! I even organized for half the restaurant to sing Tam happy birthday, which was much appreciated. After dinner, and being totally stuffed, we all headed off to have a couple rounds of late night bowling. Bowling is an interesting activity for me. One round is fun, two rounds verge on extreme boredom. I think most people felt the same way as I did. The main thing, though, is that everyone had fun, and my pants fell down (I hope you all enjoyed the bum wiggling!).

After a long day, we all headed our seperate ways, and ten seconds after I lay my head on my pillow I was asleep. A sure-fire sign of a great day. Happy birthday Tam, the next one is going to be even better...

3 comments:

Myles Legacy said...

I didn't enjoy the bum wiggling Adam. Not at all. Even though I'm in Korea I was awoken early in the middle of the night by a piercing white light... the reflection off you skinny white ass I presume. Bum wiggling. Humph.

bobalobadobafob said...

I must say Adam, the pancakes were definately some of the best pancakes I've had. I was a little embarrassed by the happy birthday song but the gesture was what counted. Thanks again for the graet day!!

Anonymous said...

I think we need to see a photo of the new hair Adam, im sure everyone will agree