13 April 2007

The Big City, part 1.

Upon arrival to my new hometown, I got stuck in traffic for an hour. This was still 35kms outside the city! Quite a change from small town life in the mountains, where the population is less than the number of people at the bar I went to the other night. Crazy stuff...

Anyway, it's an exciting time to be here. The Canucks are in the playoffs, and the first night I was here was game one of the series. I met up with a friend of mine and we went out to drink some beer, eat some food, and join in the revelry. Good times, aside from the next morning, that is.

This is a beautiful place, and to shake off our hangovers we went down to the Kitsilano beach and walked the dogs. I couldn't believe I was in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, walking on a beach beside the ocean with the city skyline and glorious mountains in the background. What a scene.

Surprise surprise, it's raining today. Two days of nice weather here, though, and it's supposed to be a great weekend. Happy times!

No comments: