11 August 2007

It's been a long time comin'...

...but here's another post. I've been neglecting this weblog, admittedly, but with fairly poor reason. My younger brother Geoff is visiting, which allows for little extra time to blog, email, etc. Plus I've been on facebook, which is taking up WAY too much of my internet time. Sorry. I'll try to do better.

Anyway, we've just returned a couple nights ago from a four day trip to "the Island", which was fantastic. Probably to two highlights for me were the whale-watching trip and our brief night on Denman Island. We did the tour out of a town on the left coast of the island called Tofino. Known for it's pretty good surfing waves, it's also a major hotspot for all sorts of whales. Here's one of my photos, direct out of camera:



The second highlight, Denman Island, was a spur of the moment addition to our trip. We eventually, after a sudden bout of disappointment, ended up staying in the grounds of this cool little B&B/hostel. It was a beautiful little converted farmhouse, with all these additional little huts pocked around the grounds.

I'll try and keep this blog a little more up-to-date in the future. Geoff is leaving in a few too-short days, so after that it should be a little easier.

Cheers for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

email me your cell we should talk i am at quebec city....